🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Is this a real job?
Page options
fernando-rasika
Community Member

Is this a real job?

Hi, Following job added personal contact detail on the job,  is this allowed? I can see many similar jobs posting this type of work, I contacted a similar job last month and they send personal contact details and asked me to contact our manager for details, but I didn't. Does anyone have experience with this sort of post and work > Is this a scam?

s.JPG

Screenshot has attached

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Did you notice they misspelled telegram and whatsapp? That is curious for someone hiring for typing jobs. You would expect them to be very precise in their messaging. 

The reason: so that upwork can't flag and delete immediately, which is what they do with these kinds of scams. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ea3a9ada
Community Member

I think so, it can be a scam & make sure u don't send any money to them. 

Olatunji Thank you so much !! I don't send any money to them. 

wescowley
Community Member

Yes, this is a scam. You can be pretty sure that all of these "type from PDF into Word" things are scams, but in this case, the telegram and whatsapp contacts give it away.

Hi Wes , Thank you so much, I was always wondering why this PDF into Word. 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Did you notice they misspelled telegram and whatsapp? That is curious for someone hiring for typing jobs. You would expect them to be very precise in their messaging. 

The reason: so that upwork can't flag and delete immediately, which is what they do with these kinds of scams. 

Thanks a lot, Martina, it's making sense.  Do you know what is there goal?

Their goal is to steal your money. The will tell you that you are hired (you're not), let you type some meaningless text for hours or days, and then request the "insurance fee". People who paid that, reported there are more and ever increasing "fees" to be paid afterwards.

People should not be falling victim to these scams, but they are. They are agreeing to pay and be paid outside of upwork, which is one of the biggest ToS violations there is. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths