🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is this a scam???
Page options
jgolob
Community Member

Is this a scam???

i just signed up for upwork yesterday and submitted my first proposals. this morning i recieved a message on upwork from a client asking me to contact thier human resources person on hangouts for an official interview. the company PMRS Inc. from Hope Talen.

I messaged voa the link she gave me for hangouts and conducted a 30 min interview all via chat. in the end iwas offered a full time job and told to give my email address so they could email me a new hire package. they want me to complete the package tomorrow morning and begin my online training at 8am. i've never ever been hired this way. Is this a scam and what should i do?

thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

It's a scam.

Report it by using the "Flag as inappropriate" link in the top left hand corner of the job posting page. Upwork will take it down and you will receive your connects back.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

You need to adhere to the policy of no communication outside of upwork in order to avoid scams like this and not having your profile suspended, too. 

JoanneP

Hi Jamie,

Could you please send me a PM by clicking on my name, and kindly share the job post link so I can check. I'd also like to confirm that Preston is correct. If you see a job or invitation that looks suspicious or inappropriate, you can flag it using the flagging option found on every job post or Upwork profile. You can read more on this help article and also, please check out Tips to avoid questionable jobs

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths