🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is this appropriate?
Page options
ruizvictoria
Community Member

Is this appropriate?

Hi, I'm new in upwork. A client asks me to send the material to his email account. Is this appropriate? Or everything must be done from the chat of the upwork page? Thaks

4 REPLIES 4
yeasir_arafat_13
Community Member

Victoria R wrote:

Hi, I'm new in upwork. A client asks me to send the material to his email account. Is this appropriate? Or everything must be done from the chat of the upwork page? Thaks

Yes, you can send the material to the client's email account, there is nothing against the Upwork TOS here. And also if you have completed a milestone, you should request for your payments through "Submit Work" button.

I typically send my work through email and also through Upwork.  No problem.

purplepony
Community Member

Victoria, it's perfectly fine to send the material to his email account.  IMO it's best to have several forms of communication available with clients. 

My clients and I have always at minimum exchanged emails and telephone #'s.  One never knows when Upwork may go down.  IMO it's safest to have additional ways to reach clients.   

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

I use outside channels all the time--email, phone, text, Dropbox. But on fixed-rate contracts, even if I send a deliverable by email, I also send it using the Submit Work button. That is what triggers payment.

It would be nice if we could all use the UW message center exclusively but it is notoriously unreliable. So we must be sure to have reliable means of communicating and sharing files with clients. At the same time, you have to be sure you are submitting completed work according to the procedures which will get you paid.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths