🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Is this is a glitch?
Page options
hardeep_p
Community Member

Is this is a glitch?

Please find the attachment and let me know what this freelancer did to earn a Rising talent tag, is this a glitch or is there any procedure that I am not aware of, I am seeing many Freelancers on Upwork recently who don't have any work history or credential to their name but still enjoys the Rising talent tag so please shed a light on this matter, thanks in advance.

Regards

Hardeep

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Richard, and Hardeep 

I wanted to clarify what Goran and Nina posted. Goran posted the requirements to be become a Rising Talent freelancer. However, if a new user, who hasn't completed any projects on Upwork, has a strong profile, and is competitive in his chosen category, based on the skills and experience noted on his profile, the user may be admitted to the program. 

For clarification, please visit the link that Goran posted. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Hardeep,

Once you become eligible to receive the Rising Talent badge an email confirmation will be sent to you, the badge will be awarded on your profile after 48 hours from receiving the confirmation.

To receive the Rising Talent Badge you will need to:

To learn more about our Rising Talent program check out this Help Article.

~ Goran
Upwork

These two points, 

• Deliver great results to your clients
  • Complete your projects on time and as promised

Since the Freelancer didn't even started or completed a single job,  hence he doesn't satisfy the above points in any manner, but still got the tag, can you please elaborate?

Hi Hardeep,

We look at a variety of factors when determining whether to award Rising Talent status. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile upon submission, including prior experience and skills and your educational background, as well as the opportunities available in the market. Therefore, even new freelancers who have yet to complete any projects on Upwork can be admitted into the Rising Talent program. This information is included in the help article that Goran posted below the requirements for the Rising Talent program. Hope that helps!

~Nina

Hi Hardeep. Goran quoted Upwork's standard description of the requirements for Rising Talent status. As you've observed, they imply that the freelancer must have completed some jobs. But, as Nina pointed out, that's not the case.

Hi Richard, and Hardeep 

I wanted to clarify what Goran and Nina posted. Goran posted the requirements to be become a Rising Talent freelancer. However, if a new user, who hasn't completed any projects on Upwork, has a strong profile, and is competitive in his chosen category, based on the skills and experience noted on his profile, the user may be admitted to the program. 

For clarification, please visit the link that Goran posted. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths