🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is this legit?
Page options
deborah_designs
Community Member

Is this legit?

Hello. I'm new to Upwork. I recently received an email notification (please see attached) that claims to be from Upwork. I do have a project named "You will get a dynamic magazine cover design that will front your content," but I never sent a proposal regarding it. This email claims I sent a proposal. I never opened the PDF or clicked on any links as I'm concerned it might contain malware.

From what I understand a client is supposed to simply purchase a project and provide the materials for me to begin working. The wording of this email makes me believe this is not legitimate.

How does one determine if a client is legitimate?

**Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Deborah,

Thank you for flagging this for us. I’ve checked your report and action has been taken on the client's account due to the violation of Upwork TOS. Please check this help article for crucial information that will help you have a safe and successful journey on Upwork.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Deborah,

Thank you for flagging this for us. I’ve checked your report and action has been taken on the client's account due to the violation of Upwork TOS. Please check this help article for crucial information that will help you have a safe and successful journey on Upwork.

~ Bojan
Upwork
9a90bd22
Community Member

I too have a concern. I'm new to Upwork and allow me to share this screenshot I took from a chat I'm having with a person from **Edited for Community Guidelines** with regards to the payment for my services...

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Louie,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I've forwarded your report to the appropriate team for review. Please know that communicating outside of Upwork before a contract is in place is against our Terms of Service. 

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths