🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is this violation or not?
Page options
abdulmoiz257
Community Member

Is this violation or not?

I want to ask that If I am working in a company on Upwork and company has invited me to his Client account of Upwork and I am working as a client on their account to help them in recruiting.and they assign me a task to hire some VA's and If I personally have my own agency which has VA's as the members of my agency. So can I interview the VA's from the client account of my company on which I was invited to help them in hiring? Because my client has no concern that the VA's are from my own agency etc
I want to know that is this will be in result of violation or not?

3 REPLIES 3
michael_skaggs
Community Member

If you're logging into an Upwork account that isn't your own, or someone else is logging into yours, then yes, that would be against the ToS.

If they wanted you to act on their behalf, they need to create an agency and add you as a part of said agency. But under no circumstances should you be logging into any account that doesn't belong to you.

Logging into their client account opens you up for all sorts of problems going forward, among those being zero payment protection whatsoever. In addition, they could later try to get out of paying by claiming you "hacked" their account.

In short, don't do it.

No, They invited me as a co worker to their client account. After I accept
their invitation, Now their client account is attached with my email. On
that email, I have my own agency and freelancer account. So now I have one
freelancer account, One agency of mine, One client account (Company's
Client Account)on that email.

And then I am given a task to hire some VA's and I ask them that there are
some freelancers working as VA's in my own agency so why not we hire them.
So can I invite them or interview them. My Company said yes, you can invite
them. So is this a violation or not?
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdul, 

I understand that you were added to the client's team with hiring privilieges to hire on their behalf. I'll go ahead and check if this is in violation of the Terms of Service, and get back to you once I have more information. 

ETA: Hi Abdul, the team has confirmed that this is not in violation of any of the Upwork Terms of Service, since you are acting on behalf of the client. Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths