🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Is ucraine blocked now in upwork communit...
Page options
ildragodoro
Community Member

Is Ukraine blocked now in upwork community?

Someone told me that the country called ukraine is blocked because there's a lot of freelancers and i don't know if he's triyng to make me a phishing attempt or if that's right xD

Can you coinfirm me if its real or its a fraud?

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Il Drago,

I would like to confirm that Ukraine is not blocked and freelancers are more than welcomed to submit their application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
pudingstudio
Community Member

Il Drago D'Oro V wrote:

Someone told me that the country called ucraine is blocked because there's a lot of freelancers and i don't know if he's triyng to make me a phishing attempt or if that's right xD

Can you coinfirm me if its real or its a fraud?

Thanks!

Does the country called "ucraine" exist?

Is it Ukraine (Ukrayina)?

yeah sorry i mean ukraine xD

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Il Drago,

I would like to confirm that Ukraine is not blocked and freelancers are more than welcomed to submit their application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Oh i love u!

Thank's for responding so fast, someone triyng to scam me ahahaa

Hi Il Drago,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket where you can share more details with us so that we can investigate it further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Of course thanks!

In fairness, part of the Ukraine **IS** blocked. The entire Crimea area is because of US sanctions so whilst Ukraine in the main is not, Crimea is.

That said, if someone is trying to use you or your computer or your Upwork account via teamviewer, that *is* a scam.

(which does not take away the fact that Crimea is on the blocked list and all of its many, many freelancers are not able to work on Upwork at this time.)

Woah incredible, thanks for the information! 😄

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths