🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I am a Muslim girl and cannot upload my p...
Page options
baigshaista
Community Member

Islamic Veil. Cannot Upload My Photo

HI there, I  cannot upload my picture on my profile and want to get my profile approved. Please let me know how to submit this request.  Thanks 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Shaista,

I`m sorry about the whole confusion. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with this directly, you can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
sifat_hossain117
Community Member

Hello Shaista B, In order to uplaoad your profile picture, make sure you're uploading a Portrait picture. Upwork needs to detect your face. 
Is there anything I can help you with? 

I cannot upload an uncovered photo of my face since I do Islamic Parda, I
recently discussed this with one of my acquaintance and she told me that
she issued such a request and verified herself through a female upwork
representative.

I was hoping I can also get myself verified in a similar manner.

that makes no sense. What is wrong with Parda? It can still detect your face tho. Upwork should work on this '' MUSLIM ISSUE'' thing. lol 
and I am also new to this community so I really don't know anyone who can help you with this. I hope a female moderator may help you with this as soon as possible sister. 
take some time, I hope you will get verified soon.
Allah Hafeez 🙂 

@Sifat H wrote:

that makes no sense.

How abut you refrain from giving advice when you haven't a clue what you are talking about??

All Shaista needs to do is contact Support and they will sort it out for her so she can have a profile picture which fits in with her beliefs.

Shaista, I have flagged your post for you so one of the moderators can get a staff member to contact you.

Thanks so much, dear.

Hi Shaista,

I checked and it looks like you have already uploaded a profile picture successfully. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

@Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Shaista,

I checked and it looks like you have already uploaded a profile picture successfully. Thank you!

That isn't a photo of herself. She describes the problem in the original posting.

Hi Shaista,

I`m sorry about the whole confusion. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with this directly, you can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Unable to access sir

Hi Ammara,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

i am wearing islamic veil also, please help me to upload my photo

Hi Heba,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your profile photo. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Sara,

Can you please try again? You should be able to upload your picture now.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Sara,

You should be able to upload your profile photo with a veil. Can you please give it a try? Don't hesitate to let me know if you have trouble doing so.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi,

I also face the same issue, I wear an Islamic veil and would like to upload a photo with veil on. 

Kindly help.

Hi Zahra,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try uploading your profile picture now and let us know if you experience any problems.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Ok

Community Member

Kindly help me too with this issue to complete and submit my profile.
Regards,
Ammara

I have the same problem

Hi Andleeb,

Feel free to upload your photo now and if you're experiencing any problems on your end, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Aiman.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and gladly assist you with uploading your profile photo.

~ Bojan
Upwork
aimanmateen
Community Member

Hi.. I am new to upwork and creating my profile. but i cannot upload my photo. i need help. How can i create my profile with this issue? I think Upwork should consider this issue. As many muslim girls may not be able to use their skills and work, just because upwork requires photo..

Sorry, there's no workaround for this.

If you want to work on Upwork, you must

- upload your pic

- wait for your profile to get approved, if it is approved.

Then you can start sending proposals.

If, unfortunately, you decide you can't use your pic, you are free to use every other means other than Upwork to pull in work. There are lots of alternative ways you can get work; it mustn't be here.

But, I'm afraid Upwork won't make exceptions to the clearly stated rule about profile pics just for you.

However, there are lots of platforms out there that won't bother one hoot if you're using a logo, even as freelancer.

AOA sister,

You can put your picture with a veil or you can make a portrait of your picture and upload it, if this doesnt work just upload a picture that is related to your services .

Obaid K wrote:

AOA sister,

just upload a picture that is related to your services .

not on Upwork.

Upwork doesn't allow logos on freelancer accounts.

Feel free to quote me Smiley Wink

Thats so unfair of them..

Abinadab A wrote:

Sorry, there's no workaround for this.

If you want to work on Upwork, you must

- upload your pic

- wait for your profile to get approved, if it is approved.

Then you can start sending proposals.

If, unfortunately, you decide you can't use your pic, you are free to use every other means other than Upwork to pull in work. There are lots of alternative ways you can get work; it mustn't be here.

But, I'm afraid Upwork won't make exceptions to the clearly stated rule about profile pics just for you.

However, there are lots of platforms out there that won't bother one hoot if you're using a logo, even as freelancer.

Why must you jump in and make declarations like this without knowing the answer? In this particular case, you're dead wrong. Sometimes, it's okay to just bypass a thread if you don't know anything at all about the subject at hand.

They ask for a picture with detactable face.

Hi Aiman,

Please note that it is allowed to have your face covered at your profile picture due to a religious exemption. Our team we'll be happy to assist you directly with this request.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

i recieved an email and tried everything as instructed but photo still did not attach. i have now sent a reply with all the details as asked. looking forward to working with upwork 🙂

hinaabrar
Community Member

please help me with this problem. i cannot submit my application. 

Hi Hina,

Could you please try again to upload the photo you're referring to? Let us know if you were able to upload your profile photo.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aiman M wrote:

I first read that as detachable face...that's CREEPY.

Detectable.  Your typo and my brain and now I have the chills.  Smiley Happy

Mark F wrote:

Aiman M wrote:

Ever see Face/Off with John Travolta and Nicholas Cage? It WAS pretty creepy.

Tiffany S wrote:

Mark F wrote:

Aiman M wrote:

Ever see Face/Off with John Travolta and Nicholas Cage? It WAS pretty creepy.

It is, and who would want to end up with Nick Cage's face???

Community Member

Hey I also have the same issue kindly guide me through this...
Jazakillah
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths