🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Issue registering on my previous email
Page options
57d91473
Community Member

Issue registering on my previous email

I had in the past created an up-work account using dh............zz@hotmail.com and deleted the same. When I tried registering with the same email address, it says
the e-mail is already in use. How is it possible to be in use? 

Next, I tried using the same e-mail to log in, it says oops the username is incorrect. Even my other Gmail accounts were not accepted saying please use the other e-mails used to link the account.

Now when I am trying to recreate a new account by signing up it says my e-mail address already exists.

And when I try to log in with Gmail accounts it says they are not recognised for Google sign-in on Upwork. It says please use the same login you had previously used.
My previous account was set up with the help of one lady Mentor working for LawSikho education institute based in Delhi India for an online course I registered with the education institute. I am also based in India. Her details are as below:-
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I tried to register with a  new Gmail account  dha.......**Edited for Community Guidelines** as a freelancer it allowed me access to proceed further.

I want to know what happened to my previous account with the Hotmail account given above? Is it closed and what if I want to use it to register with the same account? I don't want to register with multiple accounts. I also tried to type my old username after registering a new account with Gmail but now it won't have any records. So I am confused.
I am attaching the screenshot for reference

Please help

Thanks 

Dhaval Vyas
**Edited for Community Guidelines**
3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

1. Since you can only have one account on upwork, and not 2 in succession, any email that was used in a prior accout is stored by upwork, even when that account was closed. That is one of the ways upwork enforces their rules. 

2. Nobody should have "helped" you to create an account, because that would entail another person accessing your account, which is not allowed. 

3. Support can help you to reactivate your first account. That is the only way to move forward, if that is possible for you. 

Some people seem to think it's like creating a Word file. Somehow this file got messed up. So I'll just delete it and start over. It is definitely not like that.

Although the original poster violated multiple serious Upwork TOS rules, it is important for her to know that because she is new and didn't understand the rules, Upwork is merciful and forgiving. If she proactively contacts Upwork Customer Support, and asks for help, they will help her. But if she waits, they will probably discover the duplicate accounts on their own using Upwork's automated algorithms, and she could be permanently removed from the platform.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Dhaval,

Please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with your original account email address or username so that I can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths