🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Issue with Creating Profile
Page options
dllarson02
Community Member

Issue with Creating Profile

Hello, I am trying to create a profile and having trouble getting it to save the info or continue to the next page. The street field is required, however the site has this field grayed out. When I hover over it, a red block sign appears. Any ideas how to fix this or continue the process? Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniel, 

Could you please try typing your your address in the "Start typing your address" field/box. Once you type your address, it should auto-populate with different addresses as options. When you click your address, it will automatically fill in the street field.

Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello. Thanks for the response. The "Start typing your address" is filled
out and that box is still blocked out. The Street address it self goes into
the box directly below the blocked box. When I press the continue button,
it wont let me go to the next page because that blocked out box is not
filled out. Thanks!

Hi Daniel,

Could you please check if the City you are trying to select is located in the country you have selected as your country of residence. If it's not,  please try to clear your cache and cookies or try using another browser to change your location information.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi -- I'm having the same problem as reported here, and the city is in the country of residence. Are there any other potential solutions I could try? 

Also, I'm having trouble uploading my photo. It keeps telling me to increase crop size, but won't let me increase the crop size.

thank you for your help!

-Jakki

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jakki,

Can you please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px? Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible. If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it then please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists and also try to complete your City field.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jakki_s
Community Member

Hi-

I've just started creating a profile, and am not able to complete it because:

1) the system wants me to increase the crop size on my photo, but won't let me increase the crop size on my photo, and therefore won't let me upload a photo. I've tried with several different photos.

2) the system is insisting I include a street name, but the street name box is greyed out. I did find another query about this same issue in the archives from January, but the solutions listed did not work for me.

thanks for whatever help you can offer!

best

Jakki

Hello - I am still unable to update my profile. I've tried to enter the address, however the address does not come up in the autopopulated field. My address is new (under 1 year). So many sites are not reading it. Can someone please help me out so I can start using upwork? 

Note: I've tried using different browsers, incognito mode plus clearing cache. That street field remains locked and I cant manually enter the address. 

Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniel,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with this issue.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths