🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Issue with Signing in process - This emai...
Page options
vikey90
Community Member

Issue with Signing in process - This email address is associated with an inactive account.

One of my colleagues was trying to Signup and she mistakenly selected for Client option whereas she wanted to signup as a Freelancer.  Now she cannot login nor can she signup to post ticket or ask help. Please suggest.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bibeak, 

Did your friend delete her account? She should be able to setup a freelancer account from her client account by following the steps listed here

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bibeak, 

Did your friend delete her account? She should be able to setup a freelancer account from her client account by following the steps listed here

~ Avery
Upwork
vikey90
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, she tried to close her account by selecting the option 'I signed up for wrong type of account' from Closing Account page.

After that, she was not able to sign in with that same email ID or username. And when I asked to Signup again, thinking that she will be able to Signup as a Freelancer, the error 'This email address is associated with an inactive account.' popped up. 

So, what to do now? Is there any way to get this fixed?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bibeak, 

We will need to get your friend's email address so that we can look into this further. You can send me a private message by clicking on my name with your friend's email address and I'll take it from there. 

~ Avery
Upwork
vikey90
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I PM(ed) you like you suggested me to. Any update on the same please?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the gentle follow up, Bibeak. I'll go ahead and continue assisting you privately. 

~ Avery
Upwork
vikey90
Community Member

I had her account fixed to freelancer. Thank you for your support and guidance.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths