🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » It wants me to create a profile, but I want t...
Page options
seangallavan
Community Member

It wants me to create a profile, but I want to hire someone, not offer my services

When I log into my upwork account, it takes me to a page asking me to complete my profile with my rates and all of that. I'm not interested in offering my services. I'm looking to hire a freelancer. I have a credit on my existing account and don't want to lose that. There is no way to get off of this page.

6 REPLIES 6
alamdaar
Community Member

Hi, 

Once you write your first and last name with your email and press next this page will appear http://prntscr.com/o2o0uf

Here you can select an option rather you want to hire someone or you want to work as a freelancer!

You said you already have few funds in your previous account don't you try Reset your password.(If you forgot).

In the end, you can contact Upwork Customer Support they will happy to help you for sure.

Thank you!

How do I contact customer service?

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067878-Contact-Upwork-Customer-Support?flash_digest=...

At the Bottom right side, there is a little button called "Get Help" Please click on it and you are done!

Thank you!

JoanneP

Hi Sean,

You can be both a client a freelancer on Upwork. If you want to create a client account, please log in to your account and scroll to the bottom of the profile creation page. You will find a button the "Create a Client Account Instead" button. If you need further help, please let us know. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

"You can be both a client a freelancer on Upwork. If you want to create a client account, please log in to your account and scroll to the bottom of the profile creation page. You will find a button the "Create a Client Account Instead" button. If you need further help, please let us know. Thanks!"

Where is this button?  I don't see any button other than continue, which it won't let me do.  Also, Syed said that if I put just my name and email in that could go to the next page, however, I don't see anywhere to put my name.  Probably because I already have an account.  I don't want to set up a profile...

Hi Rose, 

I checked your account, and can see that you are yet to complete your freelancer profile. Once done, you should be able to access your Settings page. If you click on the My Teams link from there, you should be able to create a client account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths