🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Ive been scammed
Page options
joshcoymedia
Community Member

Ive been scammed

So i edited a video for someone, and this took me a very long time, and due to this i sent the video 8 hours late, now the client isn not paying me and has just scammed me pretty much...

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Josh C wrote:

So i edited a video for someone, and this took me a very long time, and due to this i sent the video 8 hours late, now the client isn not paying me and has just scammed me pretty much...

You missed the deadline by 8 hours and you think the client scammed you? How is that?

Did the client cause the missed deadline?

If the money was fully funded, you could try disputing, but a missed deadline is a missed deadline at the end of the day.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Josh,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had. I can see that a dispute has already been opened and our dispute agent reached out to you. If you have any additional questions feel free to post them directly to our dispute team. You can access your dispute by clicking on the question mark on your home page, or from your ticket section on this Link. To learn more about our dispute process check out this Thread. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "...and this took me a very long time..."

If this was me, personally, then I would apologize for missing the deadline and close the contract, proactively releasing the money back to the client, as an act of good faith. Maybe that will make him feel more favorably toward me when he supplies feedback. Or maybe he won't leave any feedback at all.

I will not have lost very much money, because anything that requires me to work "a very long time" would have been divided into many separate milestones, and I was already paid for all of them except the very last one - the one for which I missed the deadline.

Josh is 14, clearly deadlines are still a little fuzzy at that age...

Petra R wrote:

Seriously? LOL - How did you find out?

His profile says that he's an editor with 4-5 years of experience. Frankly, I'm pretty impressed. I'm sorry if you're about to be kicked off of Upwork, Josh - good luck in the future.

Christine A wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Seriously? LOL - How did you find out?

Pretty easy via the profile then just following the trail 😉

14? I have seen that he is 15 years old Smiley Very Happy

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Josh C wrote:

Josh, if you are really underage, as some have insinuated, you are not allowed to be on upwork. Zap your profile real quick and come back in a few years!

And if you are actually 18, you still cannot link your profile to your website, which has direct contact information.  This is against the TOS bigtime.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths