cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS 90%

Tammy T Member Since: Dec 3, 2016
1 of 8

I am new to this platform. And i've noticed the majority of clients or jobs require 90% JSS.  So how are you suppose to get hired in the first place? 

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 8
  1. Concentrate on jobs not specifying 90% JSS -- they may be uncommon but they're out there
  2. Disregard 90% JSS and apply, despite possible competitive disadvantage due to not meeting the 90% JSS, and emphasize in your cover letter how you're otherwise qualified for the job
  3. Polish your profile, hoping for a Rising Talent badge, assuming you haven't been hired enough to have a JSS
3 of 8

Hello Tammy, Don't worry about that JSS%. I think most of the clients don't even care for JSS% while posting the job. They also don't expect that all the applicants for an entry level job will have a 90% JSS. It's your cover letter and portfolio that really matters.

Ayato M Member Since: Dec 3, 2016
4 of 8

Hi, Tammy.

I agree with Tousif.

I'm also new here, but I have plenty experience in web development.

So I'm sure I'll get the job easily some day.

Also you need to polish your profile and be confident!!!

I wish you great success in getting jobs!!!

Nina B Member Since: Dec 3, 2016
5 of 8

Hi Tammy,

I am also unexperienced on this platform ( today is day 3). However, I got my first job yesterday. There is hope.

Best of luck and warmest regards,

Nina

Gokhan B Member Since: Dec 8, 2016
6 of 8

Yeah, it is really very very hard situation. 

Almost all the clients looks after 80-90% JSS for all kind of their projects. 

job type, budget, job level, freelancer skills etc. doesn't change anything.

I understand this in long term or high budget projects.

Of course any client prefer to work with high rated freelancers but some kind of projects this is not fair.

For example;

You start up a project and look for entry level freelancers, you want at least 5 days working and you pay a money like 50$ and after all these you look for 90% JSS. Woww...

What i was wondering is,

- How can a client looks for 90% JSS for this kind of job?

and

- How can a 90% JSS freelancer accept this job?

This is very illogical i think. 

I think that, for low-cost and entry level jobs, clients have not to be able to select job success qualifications, because it is very interesting that they have right to do this. This would be edited in the system.

Thank you

Gokhan

Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
7 of 8

Plenty of entry level freelancers have a JSS. Why should a client not be able to select that as a preference? 

In any case, it *is* just a preference. If you apply to a job where you don't meet that preference, your proposal is still presented to the client. You still can apply to those jobs.

Community Leader
Pete L Member Since: Oct 22, 2016
8 of 8

I agree, that some elements of the selection should be limited dependant on the level of freelancer required.

How many times do you see expert level offering very low wages, or similar anomalies within the selection process.

If you want entry level you should steered to a criteria, if you want expert you also should be steered and informed  of the cost structure that would entail.

Upwork benefits from the hjigher salaries paid, clients benefit from the quality of work.

Let's start to steer clients to an acceptable cost structure for the different levels of freelancer.

Pete

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS