🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » JSS low because of one very small job?
Page options
ls_texte
Community Member

JSS low because of one very small job?

Hello,

I've been on upwork for about two months now and have been able to take on some exciting jobs so far and have also received outstanding feedback. One job I have already accepted with a queasy feeling. It was a test job. I think I did a good job as usual and got a 4.6. Of course, this is not an incredibly bad rating. But my expertise was given a 4, which was devastating for me. I was "Rising Talent" until yesterday and now I got a JSS of 93% to start with. Is it possible that I have such a bad score just because of this one $15 job? Can I report this? As I've heard, this client is known for hiring a lot of people for testing jobs and giving such bad scores. Thanks in advance for your help!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wescowley
Community Member

First, 93% is good, so don't worry about that. Focus on keeping your current and future clients happy, and it'll start going up. Just be patient - upward moves tend to be slower than downward ones.

With only five completed jobs, one job can have an outsized effect.

There's really nothing to report here. You have the ability to see their payment and rating history in the job post before you bid. In the future, make sure to look at those closely as part of your vetting. This kind of rating hit for a small return is exactly why I (and some others) avoid paid test jobs like this. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
wescowley
Community Member

First, 93% is good, so don't worry about that. Focus on keeping your current and future clients happy, and it'll start going up. Just be patient - upward moves tend to be slower than downward ones.

With only five completed jobs, one job can have an outsized effect.

There's really nothing to report here. You have the ability to see their payment and rating history in the job post before you bid. In the future, make sure to look at those closely as part of your vetting. This kind of rating hit for a small return is exactly why I (and some others) avoid paid test jobs like this. 

Dear Wes,

thank you for your message.

I have definitely learned from my beginner's mistakes and will never take a job like this again.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Laetitia,

Your Job Success Score is based on your relationships with your clients and feedback your receive from them once contracts are closed. I'd like to clarify that when your Work History has enough contracts with feedback in order for the Job Success Score to be calculated, Rising Talent badge goes away by design. I'd also like to note that 93% isn't a bad score and it still puts you on the track to earn Top Rated status.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you, Valeria, for your answer. I am glad to know that 93% is not bad. I would have liked to see the 100, but I will get it now with other, more serious jobs.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths