🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » JSS only or remove feedback from profile and ...
Page options
excel_crab
Community Member

JSS only or remove feedback from profile and other JSS questions

Hello and Good Day,

I only have one non-5 star feedback (4 star) so far and I'm having dilemma whether to just remove it from JSS or remove also from my profile.

Although it is 4-star review, the written feed back is positive so somehow want to keep it showing on my profile. However, removing this feedback might boost my JSS to 100% and having a 4 star review on my profile with 100% JSS can look confusing to clients.

I'm also a little worried that having a "feedback removed" from my profile might look bad to some clients.  What is the best thing to do based on your experience?

Also, I have a low private feedback (clients who would recommend you) of only 80%, although my JSS is 90+% for more than 16 weeks..  I have no idea who gave me a low private feedback.  I'm betting on the 4 star review but I can never be sure.

Is there a way of knowing who gave me a low private feedback to make sure I'm removing the right feedback that will give me the biggest boost in JSS?

I know some of you would give advice to keep track of the stat "clients who would recommend you".  Problem is that I didn't do it in the beginning since I didn't know how very important it was.  Is there other ways of knowing it?

Thanks and Regards,

Mark

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Very strange, your profile only shows one job (even though it says 8 at the top)  and does not show you to be top rated

Where do you see yourself being top-rated?

Do you have 12 months earnings in excess of $ 1000?

If you are not top rated you can't remove a job anyway.

Hi Petra,

Not this year, but last year, I earned over $1000 and my stats show top rated for 16/16 weeks.  I've held over 90% JSS for couple months now with a few jobs.

That is strange, should I report this as a problem?

- Mark

@Mark T wrote:

Not this year, but last year, I earned over $1000 and my stats show top rated for 16/16 weeks.  I've held over 90% JSS for couple months now with a few jobs.

Feedback removal is a "top rated perk" which means you can not use it if you are not top rated.

To be top-rated you need to fulfill all (!) requirements, and one of those requirements is "12 month earnings over $ 1000" (the very top metric on your "My Stats" page.)

@Petra R wrote:

rated.To be top-rated you need to fulfill all (!) requirements, and one of those requirements is "12 month earnings over $ 1000" (the very top metric on your "My Stats" page.

That is sad to hear.  I'm actually finding it very difficult to land a job with my current JSS of 93% and client recommendation of only 80% even if I lower my $/hr.

Last time, I actually spent all my 60 connects just to land a single job and it's very very difficult to score longer term jobs.

@Mark T wrote:

@Petra R wrote:

rated.To be top-rated you need to fulfill all (!) requirements, and one of those requirements is "12 month earnings over $ 1000" (the very top metric on your "My Stats" page.

That is sad to hear.  I'm actually finding it very difficult to land a job with my current JSS of 93% and client recommendation of only 80% even if I lower my $/hr.

Clients can't see that, all they see is your JSS.

@Petra R wrote:

Very strange, your profile only shows one job (even though it says 8 at the top)  and does not show you to be top rated

Where do you see yourself being top-rated?

Do you have 12 months earnings in excess of $ 1000?

If you are not top rated you can't remove a job anyway.

@excel_crab wrote:

Hi Petra,

That is strange, should I report this as a problem?

- Mark

Upon selecting any of the other options:  Highest Rated, Lowest Rated, or Largest Project the other projects appear.  However, since they all should appear without doing that, there appears to be a glitch.  I'd report it. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths