🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: JSS
Page options
p_kumar_mondal
Community Member

JSS

I had 94% JSS and after that, I also got three 5 star feedback but my profile changed to 96% jss. How?

Why not 100% job success score?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Prosanta K wrote:

What are the requirements to become a Top-Rated freelancer?

Read this

You need all of the below

• A current Job Success Score of 90% or higher
  • First hire on Upwork was more than 90 days ago
  • Maintained Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks
  • A 100% complete profile  (90% for those who brought their profiles over from Elance)
  • 12-month earnings of at least $1,000
  • Up-to-date availability (if unavailable now, set a date estimate)
  • An account in good standing with no recent account holds
  • Activity on the platform (proposal, accepted invitation, or earnings) in the past 90 days

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Prosanta K wrote:

I had 94% JSS and after that, I also got three 5 star feedback but my profile changed to 96% jss. How?

Why not 100% job success score?

Simple Maths... You can't get to 100% while whatever caused you to have 94% (rather than 100%) is still in your calculation window.

Say you have 100 completed contracts of equal or similar size in your calculation window, and 94 are counted as positive. That means 6 counted as not positive. You'd have to do another 100 contracts with a perfect outcome to get to 97%

But as your poor feedback from March will fall out of your 6 months window, you could theoretically get to 100% in September (6 months after the poor outcome)

Prosanta K wrote:

Read this

You need all of the below

• A current Job Success Score of 90% or higher
  • First hire on Upwork was more than 90 days ago
  • Maintained Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks
  • A 100% complete profile  (90% for those who brought their profiles over from Elance)
  • 12-month earnings of at least $1,000
  • Up-to-date availability (if unavailable now, set a date estimate)
  • An account in good standing with no recent account holds
  • Activity on the platform (proposal, accepted invitation, or earnings) in the past 90 days

But why my JSS gets low? Even I don't have any negative Feedback

There is no poor feedback in my last contracts. Then??

tpoxa
Community Member

You got lucky. My JSS is only decreasing. I got two positive feedbacks after a negative one and still no change.

abbasikov
Community Member

I got 2 positive 5 star reviews from my client. But my JSS is still the same and has not increased. Why?

Hi. Umair,

Your Job Success score is updated every two weeks, and it’s important to note any movement in this score (either up or down) reflects both recent activity and activity over a longer period of time. Because we look at trends over a 24-month period, you can see your score change, even without recently closed contracts, due to past jobs slipping out of the 24-month window. Many factors go into your JSS calculation, including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed, the weight of the contract, etc. We won't be able to share information about any specific feedback, but you can check the explanation of how your score is calculated here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths