🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Job Description Not Saved
Page options
lesterb22
Community Member

Job Description Not Saved

Can anybody help me retrieve my job description? I typed for so long and that description makes me attract those in software development expertise. My computer suddenly shutdown and cannot retrieve it anymore since it was not saved.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lester, 

Other than your account balance, you should be able to use a credit card, debit card, or your Paypal account to purchase connects. You may check which billing methods are available to you by going to your Settings page > Billing Methods. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Lester B wrote:

Can anybody help me retrieve my job description?

No, it is gone.

Hi there is no other way to retrieve it?

No other way

Thank you sir, is there a part of upwork community where client offers job ?

Lester B wrote:

Thank you sir, is there a part of upwork community where client offers job ?

???? There is on https://www.upwork.com/ab/find-work/

It is called your job feed.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Lester B wrote:

Can anybody help me retrieve my job description? I typed for so long and that description makes me attract those in software development expertise. My computer suddenly shutdown and cannot retrieve it anymore since it was not saved.

Thanks

You should always prepare it in word first so that you can't lose it. 

re: "I typed for so long..."

Lester:

I'm sorry you lost the work that you did while typing up a job description.

It is pretty cool when a web tool (such as the Community Forum) has an auto-save feature. But not all web tools have that. MOST forms you use on websites don't actually have that.

Certainly the job posting form does NOT have that.

As Martina points out, if you have a lot of text to type, you can do so in a desktop-based tool so that the vaguaries and unpredictable nature of the Internet doesn't cause you to lose your work.

But as a practical matter, if you were writing such a long job description that you lost your work, and then felt you need to ask multiple times for ways to retrieve your lost writing...

The job description was probably too long.

You are more likely to attract a higher number of serious freelancers if your project description is informative, concise, and easily readable and understandable in a short period of time.

I appreciate it Mr.Preston.. thank you so much for that advise. can we still get free connects ? i can't buy one since have no balance and all used to submit a proposal. Are there any free connects? 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lester, 

Other than your account balance, you should be able to use a credit card, debit card, or your Paypal account to purchase connects. You may check which billing methods are available to you by going to your Settings page > Billing Methods. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths