cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Filled

Joyce T Member Since: Jul 5, 2016
1 of 8

Hello,

How do I see if a new possible client I submitted a proposal to and communicated with filled the job with some one else?

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 8

If you click the job it will show number of hires. You also get an email if they close the job.

It must be really rare for them to close the job project because I rarely ever get those emails. 

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 8

Jennifer, are you saying, if you propose to a job, and someone else is hired, and the job is completed and contract closed, that Upwork notifies you that the job was closed? If so, I don't recall this ever happening, but surely some jobs I bid on that were completed by someone else must have resulted in the job being closed?

4 of 8

Yeah those emails that say something like "chose another freelancer" or something like that. Now that you're asking me, maybe this is if they just reject your proposal? I also assumed it was because they did a global reject and closed the job.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
5 of 8

"chose another freelancer" I've received a few times, but unless I'm becoming forgetful, it couldn't be any more frequent than 1 in 10 proposals, if not less.

6 of 8

yeah I think I got maybe one in the last 6 months but I also haven't bid much but thinking back to my first 6 months on Upwork, I didn't get many of them at that time either. 

Now that you ask, I'm wondering if all along those emails were from something else. I just assumed it was the client closing the job and choosing another freelancer.

I really don't bother much with proposals after they are sent. Most of the time, people ping me and I can't remember what on earth I bid on. lol

Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
7 of 8

When I hire someone I have the option to "close the job and notify other applicants" (or something along those lines, I can't remember the exact wording). I would have assumed that this was the email you were getting, but maybe not? Maybe you only get "notified" if the client actively rejects your proposal?

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
8 of 8

You can look at the original job post and look at "jobs in progress" - if the client didn't close the post. Not sure why you'd want to do that though. It's best to learn how to leave a bid and move on.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS