🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Job Proposal Timeline
Page options
edakurc
Community Member

Job Proposal Timeline

Hi upwork community,

How many days after a job is posted is it considered a good time to submit a proposal? Is there a way of knowing that the job posting has expired since being posted (i.e all the freelancers that were needed were already hired) ?

I am asking for translation/transcription jobs specifically if that makes a difference. I see certain jobs that were posted 10-15 days ago and am not sure if I should use my connects to submit a proposal when it's possible they've hired already.

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Eda K wrote:

Hi upwork community,

How many days after a job is posted is it considered a good time to submit a proposal? Is there a way of knowing that the job posting has expired since being posted (i.e all the freelancers that were needed were already hired) ?

I am asking for translation/transcription jobs specifically if that makes a difference. I see certain jobs that were posted 10-15 days ago and am not sure if I should use my connects to submit a proposal when it's possible they've hired already.

Thank you.

If they had hired somebody, you would see that in the job posting.

Some clients hire, but don't close the posting at the same time. Some hire more than 1 person, some don't hire anybody and the job expires after 30 days of inactivity.

A good thing to look out for is "last seen by client". If the job was posted 15 days ago, and last seen by client 15 days ago, you are safe to assume that the client was not too serious about it. Before you apply, look at other things like the client's hiring rate and feedback (given and received) to decide if it's worth your connects. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Eda K wrote:

Hi upwork community,

Thank you.

If they had hired somebody, you would see that in the job posting.

Some clients hire, but don't close the posting at the same time. Some hire more than 1 person, some don't hire anybody and the job expires after 30 days of inactivity.

A good thing to look out for is "last seen by client". If the job was posted 15 days ago, and last seen by client 15 days ago, you are safe to assume that the client was not too serious about it. Before you apply, look at other things like the client's hiring rate and feedback (given and received) to decide if it's worth your connects. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths