🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Job Recommendation by Upwork
Page options
bushra_a
Community Member

Job Recommendation by Upwork

Hello! Can anyone please tell me why Upwork suggests jobs for me that were posted ages ago?  I mean maximum of the recommended jobs were posted a week ago. I am new in Upwork and I would really appreciate your help in this regard. Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Why does Upwork pitch old jobs to you?

Upwork makes money when clients hire freelancers. Those jobs haven't been filled yet. Upwork wants those jobs to be filled. Not complicated.

In all honesty, these are probably Hail Mary passes. But for Upwork, why not try? Doesn't cost them anything.

Why is there a special section or shelf at my grocery store with all kinds of partially damaged or no-longer-stocked items on sale?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
yitwail
Community Member

Who knows how they come up with recommended jobs but I don’t think many freelancers pay attention to those because they can be old, as you noticed.

Why does Upwork pitch old jobs to you?

Upwork makes money when clients hire freelancers. Those jobs haven't been filled yet. Upwork wants those jobs to be filled. Not complicated.

In all honesty, these are probably Hail Mary passes. But for Upwork, why not try? Doesn't cost them anything.

Why is there a special section or shelf at my grocery store with all kinds of partially damaged or no-longer-stocked items on sale?

Wow! I didn't know it. Thank you.

bushra_a
Community Member

Thank you. So, from now on I will not pay attention to it either!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths