🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Job Search Results Difference
Page options
sahdev_shomit
Community Member

Job Search Results Difference

Hi,

Please correct me if I am wrong here.

I am logged in and trying to search for java based jobs.

Algorithm finds 587 jobs for me. Whereas, when I not logged in

and do a job search I see 1284 jobs listed.

Hence there are  1284-587=697 different jobs present.

Is it because of some unknown filter applied by me.

I tried to understand to my best this but could not get a suitable answer. Also, I would like know if I  can apply to any of this 697

jobs. Will it be in violation of any terms? I would not like to have

my account suspended. Looking forward to your  reply.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Shomit,

We've received a confirmation that this is an expected behaviour caused by the test we're currently running, announced about a month ago  here.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shomit,

Thank you for sharing the details of your findings, our team will investigate and we'll follow up with an update. In the meantime, feel free to submit proposals to any job you have the skills, experience and time to complete successfully, that you can access through your job feed.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thanks for your reply. As stated by you, I will concentrate on my job feed. Will wait for an update from your side.

Let me know if my help is required anywhere to debug the issue.

Shomit

Hi All,

I tried to understand this further. PFA the screenshot referring to a java job search. This is while I am logged in. I have highlighted the part where it shows 1 filter applied. However, there are no filters explicitly applied by me.

Does the answer to my earlier question lie in this filter? Is it a default filter? Requesting your guidance.

Hi Shomit,

We've received a confirmation that this is an expected behaviour caused by the test we're currently running, announced about a month ago  here.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

That link explains a lot.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths