Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Success Score Fix

Highlighted
Kari J Member Since: Dec 12, 2018
1 of 6

Greetings,

I've recently noticed that my Job Success Score has dropped from 74% to 62%.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0158aaf6acb7fd5435 

On my profile, I have have receive 4-5 stars for public feedback. However I recognize that there is the strong possibility that I received negative private feedback and this can contribute to my score.

I also have two long contracts going back to February. One client has paused the contract while the other has not responded to my question in months. In both cases, I have not received compensation since April.  Could this also contribute to my low JSS and what can I do to remedy this?  

Thanks again,

Kari

Community Guru
Miriam H Member Since: May 16, 2017
2 of 6
What is your client recommend you score? That's basically your private feedback.
Ace Contributor
Ambrož B Member Since: Aug 7, 2019
BEST ANSWER
3 of 6

Miriam,

probably he has not received the "client recommend" score yet. He has just 8 jobs (2 still in progress).

Kari,

You are in the middle of "hard Upwork freelancer's time". It means you have enough projects to calculate JSS, and so few of them that every bad feedback significantly impact your JSS. 

Suggestion is: just keep going and try to do your best to make your clients happy with your work Smiley Happy

4 of 6

Thank you Ambroz for your explanation and suggestion.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 6

Kari J wrote:

I also have two long contracts going back to February. One client has paused the contract while the other has not responded to my question in months. In both cases, I have not received compensation since April.  Could this also contribute to my low JSS

No.

Those two jobs had money spent on them, so don't hurt you when they go idle.

What hurts is poor private feedback and jobs that are idle for months with nothing ever paid or close with nothing ever paid or are fully refunded.

6 of 6

Thank you so much Petra for clarifying this issue. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS