🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Job Success Score is 61%, I have 5 jobs compl...
Page options
e68112f3
Community Member

Job Success Score is 61%, I have 5 jobs complated with five star feedback

Well, I understand It's calculated with some parameters but I am very new to Upwork and I complete 5 jobs and all have 5-star feedback but I get a JSS badge this week and it was 61%, Seriously?

How its possible all my clients are happy, the jobs are enough like 700$ to 100$ and I deserve 100% JSS. Because I didn't get any reply on how I can continue work like this.

I think you need to check here may be something going really wrong.

11 REPLIES 11
9fe872eb
Community Member

This is baffling indeed.

sofia2008
Community Member

JSS also considers private feedback. Someone must have left a lower private feedback.

I would also remove your comment about your JSS on your profile. It does not look very professional.

I am 100% sure there is no private feedback, all are happy enough and there is no reason for private poor feedback.

A project cannot be closed without a private feedback. If you have 5 projects closed by clients, it means you have 5 private feedbacks.

Yes and every project they provide me good private and public feedback, I personally discuss with everyone and everyone confirm that.

A client that gave you bad private feedback is not very likely to divulge that to you in order to avoid more harassment. I have recommended that you don't do that. It is not professional. 

Learn from your mistakes and provide better service in the future. 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ranting about your JSS on top of your profile is not a job-winning strategy. You would be better served to learn how it works before doing that. 

Most client give 5 public stars, in order to not be hassled by freelancers. But the client also leaves private feedback (same as you do for the client). People are usually more honest in the private feedback. 

So you need to examine all prior contracts and contemplate what went wrong. DO NOT CONTACT YOUR CLIENTS AND ASK THEM ABOUT PRIVATE FEEDBACK. 

I am 100% sure there is no private feedback, all are happy enough and there is no reason for private poor feedback.

Forget it,

The only explanation for your bad JSS is bad private feedback.

penngrp
Community Member

Martina P said "Learn from your mistakes and provide better service in the future".

How can he or anyone else do that if they are never made aware of what their mistakes were? That is the problem with private feedback, it only shows one side of the story, and one person's opinion, be it right or wrong.

This is not one isolated incident, more than one clients left bad feedback. It is very hard to imagine the freelancer doesn't know which clients that were and what went wrong. If he is in fact completely unaware that his clients are not happy, that is another problem.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths