🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Job Verification
Page options
smcg_
Community Member

Job Verification

Hi,

I’m new to Upwork and I submitted a proposal for a customer service position. I tried Googling the company and couldn’t find anything. Payment is direct deposit or checks (which I believe isn’t allowed) and the contact asked me to email her separately and asked me to complete the below questions. Is this a legitimate process for a job posting on Upwork?

Thank you!

But for now, Please answer our standard recruitment questions below:

1) What is your full name?

2) How long have you been seeking for a new job ?

3) Are you currently employed? If so, what position are you holding?

4) Are you available to start immediately?

5) Are you aware this is strictly an online and a "work from home" job.?

6) Are you seeking for part time or full time employment?

7) Have you worked in any of the fields stated below before?
(Data Entry, Clerical Admin, Administrative Assistant, Customer Service, Accounting, payroll Clerk, Book keeping>

😎 Do you have a printer, scanner, fax machine and a copier?

9)Do you have knowledge in printing and designing of payable check using Checksoft or any Program if you are told to handle a client's payment at the unavailability of the account manager?

10) Are you proficient in Word and Excel?

11) What do you understand by petty cash and what do you understand by privacy and code of conduct?

12) Where are you located?

13) What number can you be contacted on?
3 REPLIES 3
hodgesh
Community Member

If the client doesn't want to pay you through Upwork, this is not a legitimate offer.

mtngigi
Community Member

You're about to be scammed. Do yourself a favor and read all the help articles before submitting any more bids, so you know how things work. Googling clients is not necessary.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/264214#U264214

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Tips-to-Avoid-Questionable-Jobs/td-p/240833

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Siobhan,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I will share this with our team for future investigation.

Please, check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths