🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Job being removed question
Page options
natashar624
Community Member

Job being removed question

Sorry if this has already been answered but I'm in the middle of an active proposal. So I got an email that said a job I sumbitted a proposal for had been removed how do I figure out which job it was?

3 REPLIES 3
colettelewis
Community Member

Natasha R wrote:

Sorry if this has already been answered but I'm in the middle of an active proposal. So I got an email that said a job I sumbitted a proposal for had been removed how do I figure out which job it was?

It doesn't really matter. If the job was removed by Upwork, it means that the client had violated the ToS in some way.  When this happens, your connects will be returned.  

Be very careful.  Scammers are always on the prowl for unwary newcomers and will try and lure you away from the site with promises of buying equipment and sending checks etc.  Do read Upwork's terms of service and how the site work before applying for jobs. 

This is a good place to start: https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/264214#M2460

(You must have sent a lot of proposals not to remember which one it was! Smiley Wink)

Spoiler
I did have a lot of proposals with similar titles so I was unsure which one it was. But the people asked for a picture of my driver's license then I realized that this was in fact the post that had been removed. I will most definitely be reading through the Terms of Service before going any further. Thank you so much for your help. 

Natasha R wrote:
Spoiler
I did have a lot of proposals with similar titles so I was unsure which one it was. But the people asked for a picture of my driver's license then I realized that this was in fact the post that had been removed. I will most definitely be reading through the Terms of Service before going any further. Thank you so much for your help. 

Never give out personal information. They were scammers. 

Some unsolicited advice: your profile needs work and portfolio examples. Don't jump between 3rd and 1st person, and expand a little on what services you provide. Don't start every sentence with "I".

Finally, you are in the US, a prime target for the good ol' check cashing scam. Stay vigilant. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths