cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job done and no payment yet

Maria F Member Since: Jan 23, 2017
1 of 10

Hi there! So I was contract to do a fashion  collection for a client. Once I've finished I sent the file and until now I had no answer from him what so ever. This was two weeks ago. The client does not respond my and I'me begging to think that I was scamed. So my question is, If I was officially contracted, can the client take my work with no payment at all?

Please help me. I would be so glad to clarify this. Thank you guys Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 10

Did you read how you get paid here? Did you have a contract?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 10

re: "If I was officially contracted, can the client take my work with no payment at all?"

The short answer is: No.

But that's if you did everything right.

Doing it right is not complicated, but you need to know what you're doing.

When I do work on Upwork, I ALWAYS get paid, whether or not the client responds. If the client totally, 100% disappears, then I still get paid.

Because I use Upwork correctly. The question is: Did you use Upwork correctly?

4 of 10

can you be more speciefic? yes I was contract. I have it under "My jobs".

Community Guru
5 of 10

Maria: you have an official contract.

You logged your time properly or you submitted your milestone for an escrow-funded milestone properly, right?

Then what are you worried about?

Whether or not a client is responsive or not has nothing to do with getting paid.

If you did the work and submitted it two weeks ago, then you have already been paid. (Unless you used the Upwork system incorrectly)

Community Guru
6 of 10

@Maria F wrote:

can you be more speciefic? yes I was contract. I have it under "My jobs".

ok, well that's good. Hourly or Flat rate/escrow?

7 of 10

Hourly.

Community Guru
8 of 10

You get paid automatically for the work you log on hourly contracts.

Clients don't need to do anything.

I have sometimes worked for one or two months straight on hourly contracts, without hearing from the client, and I was paid for all my time, on a weekly basis.

Maria, if you logged your time, then you have already been paid. Just look on your Reports page.

Orlando J O Member Since: Mar 11, 2017
9 of 10

In my case, the client took one of the drawings more than two weeks ago and that I wait for the order of others. He said he liked the first one I sent it back with better resolution, he said that it was okay like that. But he has not responded again, he has an open contract at a fixed price. But I asked him if he needed anything else and I do not know about him.

Community Guru
10 of 10

@Orlando J O wrote:

In my case, the client took one of the drawings more than two weeks ago and that I wait for the order of others. He said he liked the first one I sent it back with better resolution, he said that it was okay like that. But he has not responded again, he has an open contract at a fixed price. But I asked him if he needed anything else and I do not know about him.

Did you submit to the milestone? Escrow gets auto-released in 14 days.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS