🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Job done successfully, client gone unresponsi...
Page options
shaykhqasim
Community Member

Job done successfully, client gone unresponsive. What to do to keep my JSS better?

Hello,

I am new to Upwork and won 3 projects up to $1K+. My first client was communicating good till he received the results then went unresponsive after the task was completed and approved, he said he will be hiring me again. It has been 2 months since those messages and I have been trying to reach him to at least close this contract as its successfully done so it does not affect my JSS negatively. 

I need advice on what to do.

I have only 3 jobs on my profile and the first one is still showing ongoing while the work is done but the client is not responding nor closing the contract. Should I close the contract myself (but it will not give me any feedback) or wait for some time to get some positive reviews from other clients. And if I have to wait, how much longer should I wait so that it does not affect my JSS.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
9b660019
Community Member

All of your in-progress jobs show some payment has been made. The only way an individual open contract negatively affects your JSS is if it has no payments.

It's generally best to let the client close the contract. They will see an immediate and convenient prompt to leave feedback, which increases your chance of receiving it.

For now, just let the contract sit open and let the client be.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths