🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Job estimation
Page options
3e2e187c
Community Member

Job estimation

Hi,

I have an idea for an app and connected website. I want to start planning the finances and create my project plan etc. I´ve very limited coding skills and would need to get in touch with a dev to get an estimation on how many hours of work would be required to develop the apps on iOS and Android, for the website and the maintenance of the system behind. Is there a way to get in touch with developers through Upwork or do I need to publish my project to get an estimation on it? 

Thanks

Cheers

Torsten **Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Is there a way to get in touch with developers through Upwork or do I need to publish my project to get an estimation on it?"

This is very simple.

Simply post a job stating what you have told us here.

Be clear that you want to hire people developers and project managers who can help you create an app and a connected website, but that for right now, you are only hiring people to consult with you on an hourly basis in order to help you plan the project and develop estimates for how much work it will take and how much you might expect to spend.

You will have a variety of different developers contact you. Feel free to hire them quickly, talk to them, and close the contracts quickly after you have obtained their perspective.

Be sure to remind the freelancers you hire to log time while they consult with you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Torsten,

In order to message a freelancer and discuss a project, you'll need to create a job posting and invite them to apply for it. You can view proposals that you receive and interview freelancers. However, make sure not to request free work from freelancers as that's against the ToS. Hopefully, you'll be able to find some great candidates to complete your project. We would also advise that you check our Hiring Headquarters for some helpful articles about writing great job postings and figuring out optimal budgets or rates for a job.

Meanwhile, please review the client resources we compiled on the following link and let us know if you'd like to opt for getting assistance from our dedicated team, helping new client post their jobs and invite the best talent for their specific project. Also, here are a few helpful tips on using our platform.

~ Bojan
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Is there a way to get in touch with developers through Upwork or do I need to publish my project to get an estimation on it?"

This is very simple.

Simply post a job stating what you have told us here.

Be clear that you want to hire people developers and project managers who can help you create an app and a connected website, but that for right now, you are only hiring people to consult with you on an hourly basis in order to help you plan the project and develop estimates for how much work it will take and how much you might expect to spend.

You will have a variety of different developers contact you. Feel free to hire them quickly, talk to them, and close the contracts quickly after you have obtained their perspective.

Be sure to remind the freelancers you hire to log time while they consult with you.

Perfect, thank you both!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths