Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job is closed

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
11 of 22

Hi Ruchit,

Connects used for a job will be refunded back to Freelancers if job is removed for Policy Violation or if a project is cancelled without forming a contract with any freelancer, the Connects used on that proposal will be returned for you to reuse. It doesn't apply to jobs that expired automatically.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Brooke V Member Since: Sep 5, 2019
12 of 22

Hi Joann,

I just found this thread and while it says the Connects are returned to me if the job is closed for inactivity, that doesn't seem to be the case. There are a LOT of jobs I bid on that have been closed, and I still don't have the Connects back. Is there something we're supposed to do to make that happen?

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
13 of 22

Hi Brooke, 

If a client doesn’t hire and closes their job post, any Connects used to submit a proposal will be returned to you. However, if they do not close the job, no Connects will be returned.

Kindly check your Connects History (Settings > Membership & Connects > Connects History), and your Proposals page to see if any of the jobs didn't have any hires, and were closed by your client, or Upwork. Let us know so that our team can further assist you. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Muhammad Waqas A Member Since: Feb 6, 2020
14 of 22

in that case upwork will back our connect count or not. 

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
15 of 22

Hi Muhammad, 

As I have mentioned on a previous post, if a client doesn’t hire and closes their job post, any Connects used to submit a proposal will be returned to you. However, if they do not close the job, no Connects will be returned.

If a job post violates the Upwork Terms of Service, the Connects used for that job post will automatically be returned to the freelancer's account. You may read more about Connects here. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Sandra O Member Since: Apr 4, 2020
16 of 22

but two of my jobs have been closed and yet i have no coonect. none has been refunded me

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
17 of 22

Hi Sandra,

Please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with the job posting URL or title so that I can check the details. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
18 of 22
trying to send u an email but its hanging
Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
19 of 22

Hi Sandra,

I just sent you a PM as a test and you should be able to access it and reply back by clicking on the envelope icon at the top right corner. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
20 of 22

seen it. 

I said earlier that I had  summitted in total 6 PROPOSAL and 2 got closed . and I didn't get any refund of my connect.  now I'm left with it. and pls note when I applied  in one of those jobs that just got closed i