🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Job post removed due to violation of ToS
Page options
b47b989c
Community Member

Job post removed due to violation of ToS

Hello, so I was looking for someone to write a resume for me. I don't think I violated the ToS? I simply stated my intended professions and requested someone that is familiar with the industry.

I didn't want to publically post my entire resume or job history so I stated that we could go into further detail upon contact? Is that the violation?

Any help would be appreciated.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Hello, so I was looking for someone to write a resume for me. I don't think I violated the ToS?"

Asking a freelancer to write a resumé for you is NOT a violation of ToS.

There are automated algorithms in place which sometimes flag and/or filter job postings incorrectly.

re: "I didn't want to publically post my entire resume or job history so I stated that we could go into further detail upon contact? Is that the violation?"

No. Not a violation.

I'm sorry you had trouble posting this job.

I recommend posting the job again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Hello, so I was looking for someone to write a resume for me. I don't think I violated the ToS?"

Asking a freelancer to write a resumé for you is NOT a violation of ToS.

There are automated algorithms in place which sometimes flag and/or filter job postings incorrectly.

re: "I didn't want to publically post my entire resume or job history so I stated that we could go into further detail upon contact? Is that the violation?"

No. Not a violation.

I'm sorry you had trouble posting this job.

I recommend posting the job again.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

The violation is posting contact information in the job posting. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths