cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

yeah...

David D Member Since: Oct 9, 2010
51 of 956
[quote=Christy W.]"Probably it's an ebook they paid someone else on here 30 dollars to write." HAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAA Smiley Very Happy[/quote] $30.00 would have been too much money for here!
Armando O Member Since: Oct 10, 2011
52 of 956
Is it really true that USD 30 is too much money here? A university press can pay USD20,000 for a 400-page book. I am receiving (not charging, that's their voluntary offer) USD1,000 for a 3000-word well researched report in UK. I totally agree with Emily. Has anyone among you experienced acquiring a brand new C200 Mercedes Benz for a price of a used Toyota Corolla? Tell me if you did, because I never experienced that. If that is the way of transaction here (USD30 is too much money), there is the risk of getting a bad quality output. Anyway, you should only receive what you paid for...
Gino L Member Since: Dec 31, 2013
53 of 956
Maybe oDesk should do something about these (the list) to show unending effort to professionalize online work. Another thing I observed is this: oDesk is populated with contractors fighting for a .33c / hour work, not even computing their electricity and internet expenses per hour in the course of completing the job.
Highlighted
Oana I Member Since: Dec 8, 2012
54 of 956
good one Smiley Happy) from the "sad but true" part of oDesk...
Gayle R Member Since: Dec 28, 2012
55 of 956
Probably an ebook they paid someone here $5 to write.
David Y Member Since: Feb 1, 2011
56 of 956
Most employers ignore the start date for their job. So my number 1 reason for withdrawing is lack of paying attention to their post. Yes I did say "maybe", because we all know that 80-90% do not.
Bisayo O Member Since: Jan 1, 2013
57 of 956
Hi all. I am pretty new to Odesk but been reading stuff and getting myself covered on every side to actually start bidding for jobs. Meanwhile, while i am presently waiting for another of my payment method to be ready, i sniff through job offers to know what offers are here and gosh! Emily is absolutely right. I see a job offer - i start reading with all my imaginative antennas stretched out and then, i begin to see twisted and really high standard demands and i am like 'no probs, i just have to sit up to meet up!' and then i behold the pay and i see 1 dollar per article, seen even 0.8 each for five 600 - 700 word articles to be submitted in 2days! Jeez, they mean, i will stand still my world, come up with 3500 words in 5 unrelated yet competitively written articles on God-knows-what and get paid 4 dollars! I will make more than that for same even in my country and I must say my morale is dropping fast. Infact, it is what made me start looking out for other contractors to see how they have been fairing in this economy. I brought down my charge so i don't scare clients off but truth is intellectual property is the most expensive bit of property any one should pay good money to have. However, with all i read here, i know i am not alone, will keep the fire burning. Good thread!
Christian Gregory W Member Since: Mar 31, 2013
58 of 956
I agree with what you said. I guess the problems that a lot us contractors experience when it comes to pay range is the fact that there are a lot of contractors out there (I won't mention the name of the countries) that under-price so much that the buyers have become too used to it that the next time they ask for work, that becomes the standard. I agree that pay should always be commensurate to the amount of work put in and the quality of the output.
Orinemi M Member Since: Feb 3, 2011
59 of 956
I'm so impressed with your profile and would like to commend your achievement but the best alternative is for you to diversify your skill set. It is obvious that you very much intelligent and as a result of this, you need to kick start your freelancing career o a global perspective and I will like to retain better communication with you to advise you better. ** *"Removed by admin"
Michelle G Member Since: Feb 15, 2015
60 of 956

What about editing jobs where they ask you to do a small test first and then you never hear from them again? I have done three "tests" in the last day.  I should have figured it out after the first one but I gave them the benefit of the doubt.  This is three seperate companies in three different countries.   I am now actively looking for the text that I edited online with Plaigerism checker.  Is it best to just stay away from editing jobs in general or have you had some good experiences?  

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS