🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Job
Page options
cc6bca61
Community Member

Job

Hello, i am new to freelancing and for the time that have been in this patform i have find it really hard to get a job not even an interview. What coud be the problem?

Here is a template of my bidding text:

Hi!

Your job post grabbed my attention instantly.
I would love to work with you in this project. It sounds like you need an expert in………………I have a background in the areas mentioned and my experience aligns immensely well with your posting.

I am just beginning my freelancing at Upwork; However, if you choose me, you can be assured that you are getting top notch expertise in ………………, as well as someone who will complete your job correctly the first time. I can assure you that if you work with me once, you will always work with me for this kind of projects. I will do whatever it takes to completely 100% deliver on this project and earn a 5-star rating from you as well.

If any of the above sounds interesting, let me know when you will be available to talk.

Best Regards,

Elkanah Kiprotich.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bundie702
Community Member

In reading your letter, it wasn't clear to me just what services you offer. Your letter is very generic. While it's OK to use a general template as a model, it must have a personalized slant toward the job you are applying for. Your letter in its current form is just too generic. You aren't telling the client what you can do particularly for him.

I won't dwell on the above too long because there is another problem. I have to say I was rather surprised to see in your profile that you are a writer. There's no way to sugarcoat this, but your writing skills are not up to par. When clients want to hire freelance writers, they want someone with good grammar and punctuation. Your letter contains numerous errors and is at odds with your claim to "complete the job correctly the first time."

I'm sorry the news couldn't be better...

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
bundie702
Community Member

In reading your letter, it wasn't clear to me just what services you offer. Your letter is very generic. While it's OK to use a general template as a model, it must have a personalized slant toward the job you are applying for. Your letter in its current form is just too generic. You aren't telling the client what you can do particularly for him.

I won't dwell on the above too long because there is another problem. I have to say I was rather surprised to see in your profile that you are a writer. There's no way to sugarcoat this, but your writing skills are not up to par. When clients want to hire freelance writers, they want someone with good grammar and punctuation. Your letter contains numerous errors and is at odds with your claim to "complete the job correctly the first time."

I'm sorry the news couldn't be better...

Jobs yes

Yes

jobs yes

Hi am Dnyaneshwar jadhav am a content writer,bog write (English )

Am a new satar to work 

I'm Olaitan, a writer and I am willing to assist you in your works or writing. I can also help in writing captions and managing your personal media handles with which I will do to my best and to your satisfaction. I hope to work with you and give it all my best. Thank you 

Dear Client,
I am writing to express my interest in working with you as a writer and social media manager. I believe that my writing skills and knowledge of social media platforms would be a valuable asset to your company.
I have experience writing engaging and informative content for a variety of audiences, and I am confident that I can create content that will resonate with your target audience. In addition, I am well-versed in the various social media platforms and understand how to effectively use them to reach and engage with your target audience.
I am confident that I can deliver high-quality content that will help you achieve your goals.

I need job like rewrite any contant

Nice 

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Elkanah K wrote:

Your job post grabbed my attention instantly.
I would love to work with you in this project.

Take this out. Obviously, the post grabbed your attention and you'd love to work with them, or you wouldn't be applying. Saying stuff like this is a waste of time - yours and theirs.

Elkanah K wrote:

It sounds like you need an expert in………………I have a background in the areas mentioned and my experience aligns immensely well with your posting.

Never say, "It sounds like you need ____, I can do ____." 9 out of 10 other bidders will say this exact same thing. 

Elkanah K wrote:

I have a background in the areas mentioned and my experience aligns immensely well with your posting.

Too vague and too generic. In what way does your experience align "immensely well"? Be specific.

Elkanah K wrote:

I am just beginning my freelancing at Upwork; However, if you choose me, you can be assured that you are getting top notch expertise in ………………, as well as someone who will complete your job correctly the first time. I can assure you that if you work with me once, you will always work with me for this kind of projects. I will do whatever it takes to completely 100% deliver on this project and earn a 5-star rating from you as well.

Again, too vague and too generic. Everyone who applies for the project will say stuff like this. You need to tell the client why you're UNIQUELY well qualified for THEIR job, i.e. what skills and experience do you have that the other bidders are unlikely to have? It's not possible to do this by using a template proposal. (Also, your grammar needs to be perfect. It should be "this kind of project" not "this kind of projects.")

However, as Bettye has already told you, the best proposal in the world won't help if you don't have the skills and writing samples to back up your claims.

m_terrazas
Community Member

Well, in addition to the good advice that you have already been given, you can change the text of your profile, because I have found it with small variations in several profiles, some, I'm afraid, before yours.

I am new but I will do my best to become a best freelancer

Tanzeel

I need this job

Yes I need this jo 

i am new but i will do my best to become a best freelancer 

*The best freelancer*, is how you can say it.

A best freelancer is not how you want to say the phrase. 

Have a great rest of the evening. 

fea1327e
Community Member

I am new but I will do my best to become a best freelancer 

Tanzeel
30ffd0b9
Community Member

Hi

hi

e4f3cfe0
Community Member

i am a handwriter

c210ec1f
Community Member

I am freelancer 

8922a895
Community Member

try again and again sir

Ok

214c7abb
Community Member

I am ready to work with you and when you contact me

Umair afzal
16a483af
Community Member

Yes I'm ready

7a2e33c4
Community Member

I need a job 

7a2e33c4
Community Member

i very good worker in the digital marketing place. Know data entry is my propason 

c0575e16
Community Member

Plese bro first work on your grammar to boost up your skills. Thank you. 

8c2901dc
Community Member

hello i am a member for the up work bout in my accout there no any work coming in few days ago can tell the problem?

thank you

7bab81da
Community Member

I'm fast type writer looking for a job

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths