🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Jobs in progress not on my profile page
Page options
dsmgdesign
Community Member

Jobs in progress not on my profile page

Hello,

I have an active job in progress, but it's not showing on my profile page. I've seen other freelancers that show the jobs in progress on their profile page. How do I show it on mine? 

P.S. In case this has to do with the type of membership you have, I have a freelancer plus membership. 

Thank you! 

6 REPLIES 6
martina_plaschka
Community Member

@David S M wrote:

Hello,

I have an active job in progress, but it's not showing on my profile page. I've seen other freelancers that show the jobs in progress on their profile page. How do I show it on mine? 

P.S. In case this has to do with the type of membership you have, I have a freelancer plus membership. 

Thank you! 

It has nothing to do with the kind of account you have, but a lot with impatience... 😉 give it a few more minutes (hours), it will show up!

Hello, 

My assumption based on your reply is that you think I was just awarded this job, and it takes a few minutes or hours to appear. So maybe more information was needed in my original question. The fact is I have had this job for a week. It's still an active job, but it's not on my profile. Is there a setting somewhere that I need to check? 

Hi David,

Your new job will be listed as in progress on your profile once funds have been exchanged on the contract itself. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

But how is it a job in progress if funds have been exchanged? For example, I was looking at one freelancer's jobs in progress and I could see that she worked 4 hrs on a project at an hourly rate. When you are paid hourly...instead of by project milestones...I thought funds were exchanged after the job has been closed out? 

Hi David,

When you work on a hourly contract your client is billed every Monday for the hours you have tracked in the previous week. The contract itself will be listed once your client has been billed for the time you have worked. To learn more how you`re getting paid on hourly contracts check out this guide: Weekly Billing Cycle. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

@David S M wrote:

But how is it a job in progress if funds have been exchanged? For example, I was looking at one freelancer's jobs in progress and I could see that she worked 4 hrs on a project at an hourly rate. When you are paid hourly...instead of by project milestones...I thought funds were exchanged after the job has been closed out? 

On a fixed rate contract it shows as a "job in progress" on your profile once you have been paid for the first milestone. On an hourly contract it's when the first week's hours have been billed.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths