🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Jobs that "provide funds" for first task.
Page options
e4b0934a
Community Member

Jobs that "provide funds" for first task.

Hello. I am hoping there is an answer to my question here. I can't seem to find an answer anywhere else. I am wondering about jobs that say they will provide the funds to complete the first task of their job. Are these legitimate jobs or should I steer clear of these?

6 REPLIES 6
b88a71f0
Community Member

I am fairly new to Upwork, but from what I've read this is a red flag.

sofia2008
Community Member

Hi, what kind of job are they referring to? Are they talking about funding milestone? More details might be useful to help you further.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

You mean they offer to buy you equipment? Those are scams.

pgiambalvo
Community Member

It is  a scam. Please flag it and all others you will encounter as such and keep reporting about them here. Also, read this: https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/List-of-red-flags-for-scams/m-p/1017044/highlight/true...

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

What do you mean by that? Of course a client should "provide funds" if you're doing any work for them, but that should be a given - it's weird that they would specifically say that.

petra_r
Community Member

Angel T wrote: I can't seem to find an answer anywhere else. I am wondering about jobs that say they will provide the funds to complete the first task of their job.

You mean people who want you to pay? Scam (of course)

If you follow Upwork's terms of service and don't communicate with prospective clients outside the Upwork platform, you are safe from almost all scams. Do, however, make sure you read the Terms of Service. No communication outside the platform until you're hired.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths