🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Jobs
Page options
b0e91d1f
Community Member

Jobs

1) As this is my first job, so where will it be taking the bidding money from?
2) Is it safe to take up jobs- payment unverified?
3) what is the market price for data mining(entry level) & data entry (entry level)?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Junxian,

1. When you bid for a project, it does not mean that you have to shell out money. You are informing the clients how much you are willing to be paid for doing the job.

2. While most freelancers prefer working with clients with verified payment method, please keep in mind that there are also new clients to the platform who are yet to verify their payment method as they have not funded any projects. When you're selected for an interview, you can ask the client to verify their payment method first to ensure safety.

3. You would have to define your price by doing research on how much other freelancers charge for data entry projects. You may also check the client's budget and see if that works for you. I suggest that you wait for other freelancers to comment on this post to give you advice regarding this matter as well. 

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
759e32fa

Hi Junxian,

1. When you bid for a project, it does not mean that you have to shell out money. You are informing the clients how much you are willing to be paid for doing the job.

2. While most freelancers prefer working with clients with verified payment method, please keep in mind that there are also new clients to the platform who are yet to verify their payment method as they have not funded any projects. When you're selected for an interview, you can ask the client to verify their payment method first to ensure safety.

3. You would have to define your price by doing research on how much other freelancers charge for data entry projects. You may also check the client's budget and see if that works for you. I suggest that you wait for other freelancers to comment on this post to give you advice regarding this matter as well. 

~ AJ
Upwork

At least 100 $ per day

Excellent job 

Annie Jane B wrote:

Hi Junxian,

Job

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths