Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs

keadym
Mary K Member Since: Nov 10, 2016
1 of 4

Hi,

I'm new to Upwork, and have put in a few proposals, how do you know if the job has gone or not, does the number of Hires set to 1 mean that a person is hired for the job?

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
2 of 4

@Mary K wrote:

(...) does the number of Hires set to 1 mean that a person is hired for the job?

Yes, indeed.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
keadym
Mary K Member Since: Nov 10, 2016
3 of 4

Thank you for your reply, I thought that all jobs that are in the find work area are projects still to be filled, and that where it says for examples Hire 1, they are hiring more than one person to undertake the project.

cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
4 of 4

@Mary K wrote:

Thank you for your reply, I thought that all jobs that are in the find work area are projects still to be filled, and that where it says for examples Hire 1, they are hiring more than one person to undertake the project.

Technically, they are still "projects to be filled". If you can see them, the client hasn't closed the job yet. Just because they've already hired one or more people that doesn't mean they won't hire you. Maybe they realised they need more people than they initially thought. Or maybe they're trialling someone and that person isn't working out so well and they want to try someone else. Or maybe they're perfectly happy and just forgot to close it.

It's up to you if you want to spend your connects applying for a job that already has hires. If it's interesting and relevant to you and you have connects spare, it won't hurt.