🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Joining a team as an existing freelancer
Page options
nefiger
Community Member

Joining a team as an existing freelancer

Hi there

I feel like there's something obvious I am missing, yet searching through forums and trying out various ideas hasn't yielded much success. So here I am...

I have an existing freelancer account and have been invited to a team - clicking through the email invite takes me directly to my freelancer landing page. I've attempted to create a different account, yet that requires me to create the client itself, which is not what I am looking for.

Can anyone assist with how I could get this working, please?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jennifer,

Were you invited to join an agency or a client team? I can see that you`re connected with a client account on your profile but looks like this is your own. Could you share more details so that we can assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran

Thanks for the hint there - it ended up that I hadn't been invited correctly. We have now managed to resolve things. Again, thanks for your input.

nerissam
Community Member

Hi Jennifer,

I'm having a similar issue. What was done different so you could actually join the team?
Or to ensure I'm in the same boat as you, my client invited me through "members and permissions" because he wants me to vet and hire contractors using his company account instead of my own. Unfortunately, clicking the link in the email I received doesn't do anything, similar to your experience.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nerissa, 

Could you please confirm if the client invited you through the email address associated with your Upwork account? Is the link unresponsive, or did any error notification pop-up when you tried to click on the link from the email? 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths