🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Just Hired
Page options
maria_gona
Community Member

Just Hired

Hi

I have just hired 2 days ago, and wondering what is the next step to do? How would I get paid?

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

If this is an hourly contract then simply log time with the desktop time-tracker, and you will get paid automatically.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211064098-Log-Time-with-the-Desktop-App

Thanks for the information and the link.
But there’s nothing in Contract, what does that mean? What I need to do or my client needs to do?

Hi Maria,

I checked your account and would like to confirm that you haven't been hired on an official contract. At the moment, you only have an active proposal with your client. Your client will need to send you an offer and once you've accepted the offer an official contract will be formed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Many thanks
Will contact the client now
JoanneP

Hi Maria,

When your earnings from your clients become available depends on the type of payment:

• Hourly contracts are based on the weekly billing cycle. The weekly billing period ends on Sunday, your funds are available for withdrawal 10 days later (the following Wednesday). Some contracts are eligible for faster payments! Learn more here.
  • Fixed-priced contracts are based on milestones. Once the client approves a milestone your funds are available for withdrawal after a five-day security period has passed.
  • Bonus payments are available after your client's payment has been successfully processed and the five-day security period has passed.

You can learn more about it here

~ Joanne
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Maria G wrote:

Hi

I have just hired 2 days ago, and wondering what is the next step to do? How would I get paid?

First you need to do the work. 

re: "Will contact the client now"

That is a good idea.

But contact the client only once. Then wait.

Do not chase after the client. It is his project. And if he actually wants this work done, it is his responsibility to use the client-side tools to officially hire you.

Messages don't matter.

Do NOT do any work until you see the job listed here:

Upwork -> My Jobs -> My Jobs

Thanks for the advise.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths