cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Joined

Trevor L Member Since: Jan 25, 2017
1 of 7

Second post as first post has seemingly disappeared.

My question was is this forum the only way support is offered and if so, although my question is slowly being answered by the lack of response. What is the turnaround for support as I have found similar sites say 24-72 hrs for a reply?

Is Upwork in any way affiliated with freelancer.com?

How long does it take (if all parties are in agreement) for the refund of any deposits or funds?

Do you offer any assistance in finding a freelancer for my project and if so what exactly is included in this assistance?

What is the procedure in cases of dispute with Upwork staff or admin?

Best Regards

Trevor L

Trevor L Member Since: Jan 25, 2017
2 of 7

It would seem that the lack of any respones is how it would be if I had any issues on the site as a client looking for freelancers?

I guess my questions have been answered, seeing as subsequent posts have been replied but not this one.

Regards

Trevor L

csjarmitage
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
3 of 7

The forums are not the official help desk. To access the official help desk you need to click the "?" next to your name (on the main page), then "Help and Support" and then "Get Help from Upwork".

• Upwork isn't affiliated with that site, to my knowledge
  • I think refunds times vary but probably within a few days
  • They do have a service that assists in finding the right freelancer for your project. A mod will likely be by to explain your options
  • I've never been involved in a dispute so another forum user or mod will likely explain.

In the interim, the Help and Support section there is quite a bit of information for clients and will likely answer most of these questions.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 7

Hi Trevor, welcome to Upwork!

I would like to direct you to review these resources, designed to help new clients familiarize themselves with the platform and find the best talent for their project.

Regarding the questions you posted:

My question was is this forum the only way support is offered and if so, although my question is slowly being answered by the lack of response. What is the turnaround for support as I have found similar sites say 24-72 hrs for a reply?

We do strive to respond to comments our users post in the Community as soon as possible. Users can also refer to our comprehensive Help Center articles (click the questionmark icon > Help and Support tab) to find answers to most of their questions and also contact Customer Support team by submitting a request from the same page.  

Is Upwork in any way affiliated with freelancer.com?

No.

How long does it take (if all parties are in agreement) for the refund of any deposits or funds?

The time frame depends on the type of the refund and the setting in which the agreement took place (directly or through a dispute). The refunds are processed fairly quickly, usually within a day but the timeline can vary depending on a number of factors.  

Do you offer any assistance in finding a freelancer for my project and if so what exactly is included in this assistance?

Yes, we have a number of programs clients can use so please feel free to contact our Customer Support team as mentioned above for more information.

What is the procedure in cases of dispute with Upwork staff or admin?

A dispute can only be filed on a contract and Upwork is not party to any service contract. You can find more details about the dispute process in Upwork ToS.

Untitled
jennifercampos84
Jennifer C Member Since: Apr 29, 2019
5 of 7

Just joined as a freelancer, but I'm unable to finish my profile set up and continue. One of the required fields to continue is my street address. Although I'm able to type my city and state, the box for my street address is greyed out and it does not allow me to type in the box. How do I continue if this is a required field but I am unable to type it?

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 7

Hi Jennifer, 

Before I proceed, I wanted to check if you filled-in your account information in the Start typing your address field. Once you fill in this field, it will be auto-populate with different addresses. Please choose your address from the drop down options. Once you fill up this field, all the other sections will auto-populate. Let me know if this is not the case for you, and our team will assist you further.

Start Typing Your Address.png

-Avery
Untitled
jennifercampos84
Jennifer C Member Since: Apr 29, 2019
7 of 7
It worked thank you
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS