cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just joined submitted 20 proposals but no responses

Farid A Member Since: May 3, 2017
1 of 9

Hey everyone,

My name's Farid Ahmed from Philadelphia. I'm on here mainly work for in graphic design, voice acting, and music. I'm offering several services and always attach examples of my work but I can't seem to grab any clients. If you have any tips for me that would be very helpful. As of now I'm a free member, and I have no issue becoming a paid member. however I would like to see some activity before I'd do that.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 9

re: "Just joined. Submitted 20 proposals but no responses.

Only 20?

You need to hang in there and be patient.

Community Guru
3 of 9

re: "As of now I'm a free member, and I have no issue becoming a paid member."

Don't.

Paid membership is not the path to success.

Look at my profile. I'm not a paid member. Most of us here who are successful and earn a lot of money do not have paid memberships.

Community Guru
4 of 9

re: "I'm on here mainly work for in graphic design, voice acting, and music. I'm offering several services"

That is a common mistake.

If you are serious about getting your first jobs on Upwork, then offer only one service.

Brian L Member Since: Jan 17, 2016
5 of 9

Hey Farid,

When clients are looking to hire freelancers, they usually expect to see a portoflio of work. I took a quick look on your profile and noticed a couple of red flags.

1. You mentioned that you provide logo, graphic design, voice acting and music services however your profile does not reflect this. For instance, you majored in computer science but this has no relation to the services that you're offering.

2. Your employment history shows no indication of expereince in the services you are providing.

3. You have no portfolio demonstrating the quality of work you can offer clients. If I'm a client looking to hire a freelancer to design a logo for my company I would want to see examples of past projects/work. Your quality of work is a huge factor in terms of getting hired.

The lack of interest from potentail clients are most likely due from no expereince, no portoflio effectively demonstrating your skills and quality of work and a profile that does not match up to the servies that your intend to provide.

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
6 of 9

Brian, Not to get off topic here, but you need to delete your web address from your profile. Addresses to web content that contains contact information violates Upwork's TOS. and could get your account suspended.

Brian L Member Since: Jan 17, 2016
7 of 9

Hey Kathy thanks for the heads-up…not that I'm actively seeking critques on my own profile page…but thanks anyway?

In the future feel free to send over a personal message pertaining to off topic or personal matters.

Best,

Brian

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
8 of 9

@Farid A wrote:

Hey everyone,

My name's Farid Ahmed from Philadelphia. I'm on here mainly work for in graphic design, voice acting, and music. I'm offering several services and always attach examples of my work but I can't seem to grab any clients. If you have any tips for me that would be very helpful. As of now I'm a free member, and I have no issue becoming a paid member. however I would like to see some activity before I'd do that.

As Brian pointed out ... it does not appear that you are really a graphic designer. Graphic designers have portfolios that show that skill. Changing the color of something in Photoshop does not make you a grapic designer. Removing backgrounds in Photoshop does not make you a graphic designer.

Focus on a skill you actually have, work on your overview, and be selective about the jobs you bid on. And understand that there is no reason to expect immediate results on a site with millions of freelancers you are bidding against.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
9 of 9

+1 to everything Preston has said up to this point.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS