🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Kill stuck account; create new affiliated wit...
Page options
blocke57
Community Member

Kill stuck account; create new affiliated with existing Client

I have an account under **Edited for community guidelines**. This account was supposed to have been set up as a member of a client team, but  it's stuck in "create your profile" as though I'm a freelancer.   I must have done something wrong.

Now: I'd like to kill that account completely.  But I can't do anything (it seems) without completing the profile (for which I have neither the time nor the patience!  Sorry) and then waiting for an approval.

Instead of using that account, I've supposedly been invited to join upwork as part of a client team using "**Edited for community guidelines**" (note: NOT ".com", just ".co").  I have not received an invitation and am unsure how to proceed.  If I sign up as a client using the new email address, it's unclear whether there's a way to make me part of the existing client.

Thank you for your time and help.

--E Block

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi E,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via the email associated with the account you're reaching through. They'll assist you with joining the team you were invited to and with closing your Freelancer account afterwards.

Thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi E,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via the email associated with the account you're reaching through. They'll assist you with joining the team you were invited to and with closing your Freelancer account afterwards.

Thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork
blocke57
Community Member

Thank you for the quick response.  I did indeed get a direct email from your support team, who had resolved the problem (and they gave me detailed screenshots about how things should work).  Much appreciated.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths