🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Lack of client response ?
Page options
ftcms
Community Member

Lack of client response ?

Hi everyone

I am new to upwork

I have sent 7 proposals over the last few days and not received any sort of reply or acknowledgment. Is this usual ?

Is there a way of contacting the client to ask if they are still considering me

many thanks

Peter

6 REPLIES 6
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Yes that is normal. You can check the job posting to see what kind of activity there is but it's really best to just keep looking for more opportunities. Some clients post a project on multiple boards, and sometimes they are window shopping. 

Thanks a lot

Shame..the jobs seemed perfect for me

I'll keep trying

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Peter L wrote:

Hi everyone

I am new to upwork

I have sent 7 proposals over the last few days and not received any sort of reply or acknowledgment. Is this usual ?

many thanks

Peter

No there is no way to contact a client further to sending a proposal, unless the client contacts you. Imagine the poor clients being swamped by eager freelancers wanting to follow up! 

7 proposals is nothing! To save you further grief, you should use the time to improve your profile, it is much too vague on what you can do for a client, and how well you can do it. Research other freelancers offering the same skills and learn from them. 

Finally, don't forget that competition is huge in your field and that you have to stand out!

Thanks
kat303
Community Member

Peter L wrote:

Hi everyone

I am new to upwork

many thanks

Peter

----------------------------

That's not how it really works here. Don't expect a reply. Don't wait around for one. You send a proposal and then move on. It may take months before you get a reply from a client. The only way to establish communication of any kind with a client is if the client contacts you first. 

yitwail
Community Member

Peter, you're a web developer, so put some websites you've worked on in your portfolio. Even if you provide a link to a portfolio site in your proposals, you should still have an Upwork portfolio so clients who search for freelancers to invite have something to look at.

Learning Paths