cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of communication from my employer

fadeyigideon
Kazeem F Member Since: Dec 6, 2016
1 of 5
Hi guys, I'm a new comer on upwork. I got my first job today to write blog comments. I accepted the offer about 7 hrs ago and sent a message to the employer about the same time asking for some clarifications. He hasn't responded. What do I do because the deadline is next Tuesday. Thanks.
katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

I would give it longer.  He might be in a different time zone than you are and may be in bed or busy with projects.  I would give your client (not employer) 24-48 hours to answer before pinging him/her again. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

View solution in original post

fadeyigideon
Kazeem F Member Since: Dec 6, 2016
3 of 5
Thanks Katrina. This is helpful. I will do just that.
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 5

Kazeem:

Note that it is a tactical mistake on your part to ever accept a job offer without having enough information to actually work on the job.

If it is an hourly contract, this doesn't mean that you must have enough information to complete the job. But you need to have enough information that you can do at least ten minutes of work on the job.

umairhabib
Umair H Member Since: May 29, 2015
5 of 5

HI Kazeem,

With me few years experience on up work, I had learned to always ask the time availability of my client.  If you ask, then also communicate your suitable hours for communication. On top of  it, always communicate the next meeting schedule. This will put your client in a frame of mind that you are interested and following the client for a good piece of work.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS