🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Learning the ins and out of UP Work and m...
Page options
maraluisab
Community Member

Learning the ins and out of UP Work and messages

Hello Everyone.

I am new to Up Work and am finding myself a bit confused at times.   For example, I completed my first job.  It was interesting trying to figure everything out.  I wanted to record it in my Diary.  I think I have just learned that I can only record things in my Diary if and when the job is still active. ? 

I am also wondering if there is a way to contact a client who has sent an invitation if a question about the invite or job details arises or is unclear?

I guess I am open to anything advice or warnings, any information that anyone has to offer this novice.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mara Luisa, 

Welcome to Upwork! It sounds like you had an hourly contract, but was unable to log time on your Work Diary. On an hourly contract, it is important to log time on your Work Diary through the Upwork Desktop App to qualify for the Hourly Protection Program. You may read this help article to know how you can log hours on your hourly contract. 

As you may have discovered already, once an hourly contract is closed, you will not be able to log time on the contract. You may discuss this with your client to see if they are able to issue a bonus payment for the hours you worked. 

Maria, since you are new to Upwork, I would recommend that you read up on the freelancer resources we have compiled to help you get started on Upwork. Please also read up onthese tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths