cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learning

Highlighted
Mohammad H Member Since: Dec 25, 2016
1 of 6

I am a new in freelancers job. I work before in this sector but only as a helping hand to others. Now I want to be a freelancer. Which course I have to learn to have more work that I can survive and making some living. 

Please, anyone can give me some suggestions. 

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
2 of 6

First of all, raise your rates, You are not going to survive making 22 CENTS an hour.

And not to get off subject, but I just don't understand, on hourly jobs, when the Minimum budget is $3.00 an hour, and if a freelancer tries to enter anything less then that, they can't because an error messages comes up,  How can a freelancer get 22 Cents an hour. According to the moderators, a freelancer can't get anything less then $3.00 yet, this is just one (of probably many) that somehow clients and freelancers can work around minimums.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 6

@Kathy T wrote:

How can a freelancer get 22 Cents an hour. According to the moderators, a freelancer can't get anything less then $3.00 yet, this is just one (of probably many) that somehow clients and freelancers can work around minimums.

Nonsense. Take a look at the DATE of the $ 0.22 contract.

It was 5 years ago, LONG before the minimum was introduced, so nobody got around anything there.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
4 of 6

You can work for less than $3/hour. Then only thing you have to do is to agree with the client that you will not log every worked hour. This way you can work for $0.5/hour if it pleases you. Or $0.5/10 hours.

There are no limits to the race to the bottom.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
5 of 6

Petra, - My mistake. Never looked at the date of the job. I guess the rate and payment shocked me too much.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 6

Hi Mohammad,

Please review the resources we compiled in this thread, update your profile, make sure you're submitting tailored proposals on jobs that fit your skillset and you should be able to start seeing progress in running your Upwork business. Please keep us updated and share any questions you might have.