🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Length of a Document expressed as Word Length
Page options
rrrich7
Community Member

Length of a Document expressed as Word Length

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the experience of proposals based on a document (or story, resume, etc) that is expressed as number of words.  Does anyone have a guide or other method they use to forecast how long it will take to complete a document of "x" length?  For example, 100 words, 500 words, 1000 words, 10,000 words etc.  Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

In the summer of 1986, the Beastie Boys wrote their famous song "(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party!)" in 5 minutes.

Michael Crichton spent 20 years writig his novel "Sphere."

If, in your Upwork proposals, you forecast "between 5 minutes to 20 years", you will nearly always be right.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Richard N wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the experience of proposals based on a document (or story, resume, etc) that is expressed as number of words.  Does anyone have a guide or other method they use to forecast how long it will take to complete a document of "x" length?  For example, 100 words, 500 words, 1000 words, 10,000 words etc.  Thanks in advance.

Can't see your profile, so I don't know what you specialize in. Something in writing? Well, write away and time yourself. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths