🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Link client to upwork profile instead of my w...
Page options
lwill-0_0
Community Member

Link client to upwork profile instead of my website processor

I am building a freelance writing personal webpage.  Can I link a potential client to my upwork.com profile instead of using a payment processor (as one option)?  In that scenario, all communications would go through upwork directly once hired.  People like having multiple payment options, some may feel more comfortable using upwork because of all its safe/established processes.  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lloyd,

Freelancers can certainly add a link to their Upwork profile to their personal website or portfolio. Let us know if you have any further questions about adding a freelancer profile to your current account.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lwill-0_0
Community Member

Why do my posts keep getting deleted?  I asked a simple yes or no question, about being allowed to link my personal site to my upwork profile and its getting deleted without explanation. 

Update: nevermind I think this got resolved

petra_r
Community Member

Lloyd W wrote:

I am building a freelance writing personal webpage.  Can I link a potential client to my upwork.com profile instead of using a payment processor (as one option)?  In that scenario, all communications would go through upwork directly once hired.  People like having multiple payment options, some may feel more comfortable using upwork because of all its safe/established processes.  

You don't seem to have an Upwork profile... The account you are posting from is a client account.

So if you are planning to create one just in case clients from your own site might want to hire you, that is problematic because if your profile does not earn any money for 30 days it gets set to private so those outside clients would be met with a profile that can't be hired.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lloyd,

Freelancers can certainly add a link to their Upwork profile to their personal website or portfolio. Let us know if you have any further questions about adding a freelancer profile to your current account.

~ Bojan
Upwork
lwill-0_0
Community Member

@ petra

noted thanks

@ Bojan

Thanks for answering the question, will do. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths