🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Link to Portfolio
Page options
nunopovoa
Community Member

Link to Portfolio

Hello! I want to know if it legal to post a link to my behance Portfolio in my profile.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nuno, if your work includes videos or high-resolutions image files, you do not need to down-sample them or omit them from your Upwork portfolio. Your portfolio may include thumbnail images and descriptions of the work, along with links to the work on external sites.

For example, you could add a link to a video file which is hosted elsewhere. There are many places you can post videos, including but not limited to YouTube.

You can link to a video or large file that is on a website you own personally. Just make sure that the page or file you link to does not contain or link to your personal contact info.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Hello, Nuno.

We don't refer to these things as "legal" or "illegal."

We talk about whether or not something is against Upwork's rules, or against ToS (Terms of Service).

Upwork has a clear rule that freelancers are not allowed to add links to their profile page that link to a page or site which provides direct contact information, or a contact form. This is because Upwork is providing you with a platform through which clients can contact you in order to hire you.

So as a practical matter, you probably can't link to your behance portfolio, because it has contact information or a contact form.

Also, Upwork clients really want to see your portfolio items in your Upwork portfolio.

I just think is a little inconvinient that the clients have to download every single file in order to see the work (in case of videos) and it can't even pass the 25 mb which can result in converting the video to a poor quality.

Nuno, if your work includes videos or high-resolutions image files, you do not need to down-sample them or omit them from your Upwork portfolio. Your portfolio may include thumbnail images and descriptions of the work, along with links to the work on external sites.

For example, you could add a link to a video file which is hosted elsewhere. There are many places you can post videos, including but not limited to YouTube.

You can link to a video or large file that is on a website you own personally. Just make sure that the page or file you link to does not contain or link to your personal contact info.

Thanks Preston! I'm clarified now.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths