🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Link to website and booking schedule in propo...
Page options
sharon_c_cpa
Community Member

Link to website and booking schedule in proposal

Hi,

I am new to upwork and wanted to clarify a few issues so that I don't accidentally breach the TOS.

• When I submit a proposal for a job, am I allowed to include a link to my website in the proposal?  My website includes information on case studies, services and blog posts to prove my expertise and it is not easy to attached as a pdf to my profile.  I understand that it's not allowed in my profile but is it allowed in the proposal?
  • The type of work that I do requires a phone or video consultation with the client so that I can provide an accurate quote for my services.  It is much easier to send a calendar booking link rather than try to organise a time over messages.  Am I allowed to send a link to my calendar booking system as long as we have the meeting on Upwork?

I appreaciate any help.

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Sharon,

I understand that you have some clarifications about sharing your past work and about having a video call with the client.

For your first question, yes, you can share your external portfolios. Portfolios are an important part of a freelancer’s bidding process to show off their past work and their potential to complete a future project. That is why we are not prohibiting the sharing of external links to personal portfolios or other websites that provide examples of past work. We recognize that some of these links might include contact information and ways to identify and contact you outside of the Upwork platform. When you share these outside links, please remind potential clients to only communicate with you through Upwork until a contract is in place.

As for your concern with video consultation, you are free to use a scheduling tool that does not require the sharing of contact information. You may also use Upwork Messages to discuss and set up an interview. If you need to share screens or do video/voice calls, this feature is already supported in Messages. To learn more, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Sharon,

I understand that you have some clarifications about sharing your past work and about having a video call with the client.

For your first question, yes, you can share your external portfolios. Portfolios are an important part of a freelancer’s bidding process to show off their past work and their potential to complete a future project. That is why we are not prohibiting the sharing of external links to personal portfolios or other websites that provide examples of past work. We recognize that some of these links might include contact information and ways to identify and contact you outside of the Upwork platform. When you share these outside links, please remind potential clients to only communicate with you through Upwork until a contract is in place.

As for your concern with video consultation, you are free to use a scheduling tool that does not require the sharing of contact information. You may also use Upwork Messages to discuss and set up an interview. If you need to share screens or do video/voice calls, this feature is already supported in Messages. To learn more, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks Joanne

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths